i am not italian. i will soon be in an italian family. so this is an intense post.
i made meatballs! from 3 recipes. phew. lots of coordinating.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs – I used Italian seasoned ones
- 1/3 cup whole milk or a little more to we the breadcrumbs
- 16oz of beef
- 1 cup finely ground (not grated) Parmesan cheese
- Parsley- i used dried and only had a few tbsps even though you could add 1/3 cup of fresh
- sprinkle whole Fennel -maybe 2tbsp?
- sprinkle oregano in
- sprinkle garlic powder in
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 onion chopped
Combine breadcrumbs and milk in small bowl; stir until breadcrumbs are evenly moistened. Let stand 10 minutes.
Place beef in large bowl and break up into small chunks. Add 1 cup ground Parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper, fennel, oregano, parsley, raw onion.
Whisk eggs to blend in small bowl; whisk in garlic. Add to meat mixture.
Add breadcrumbs to meat mixture. Using hands, quickly and gently mix meat mixture just until all ingredients are evenly combined (do not overmix).
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375.