I didn’t love the tomatoes. or bacon. maybe alter the recipe more to make it a little tastier. the warm tomatoes makes me feel weird even now as i type this.
- 1/4 lb sliced bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut off and cobs discarded
- 1 large fresh jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 lb okra, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 lb cherry tomatoes (1 pint), halved
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, leaving fat in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in corn, jalapeño, lima beans, okra, and tomatoes and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve succotash with bacon crumbled over.