weeknight food! We made tons of these and then devoured them all week while in Boston and as Mike is studying hard.
We’re on a budget so we bought premade frozen meatballs. Mike don’t judge me.
- about 50 fully cooked, frozen meatballs – we had 30 and wish we used more
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
any extra sauce is helpful for afterwards!
***read note about the timing!!! AHH
- Put the frozen meatballs into slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic and crushed red peppers.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook on high for 3½ – 4 hours, stirring every hour-IMPORTANT, until heated through. We burnt ours very slightly. Keep an eye on these at the 3hr mark.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.