Welp, I made baller pasta sauce so I had to serve it with something awesome.
I used Martha Stewart’s recipe because of the lemon zest.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 manicotti shells (from an 8-ounce package)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese *i think I used a little more than this i can’t remember right now
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta shells according to package instructions (8ish minutes) Drain well and arrange in a single layer on an oiled rimmed baking sheet/or put them back in the plastic packaging they came in. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and lemon zest. Stir in spinach and season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
The recipe says to “Transfer filling to a large zip-top plastic bag. Twist and squeeze bag so filling is in one corner.” This didn’t work for me. so i used a butter knife and because the manicotti are short you can place the filling inside from both ends. Arrange stuffed shells in an 8-inch squareglass baking dish top with SAUCE ! and bake for 25ish minutes.