This was a good dish. I liked bringing it to work for lunch but i felt like it was missing something. Make it again but improvise a little. More cheese or lemon. Add shallot or onion. Maybe shrimp?
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 1/3 cups Israeli couscous (6 to 7 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups (or more) vegetable broth
- 14 ounces slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas or frozen, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, and lemon peel in small bowl; set dressing aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add couscous, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until most of couscous is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups broth, increase heat, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender, about 10 minutes, adding more broth by tablespoonfuls if too dry.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add asparagus, sugar snap peas, green peas, and remaining garlic clove. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; sauté until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer vegetables to large bowl.
- Add couscous to bowl with vegetables. Drizzle dressing over. Add chives and cheese; toss. Season with salt and pepper.