We topped this on yogurt or cottage cheese all week. It didn’t stay in its nice bar shape. It crumbled but that’s okay! The salt was a bit much, watch that next time. We could’ve used more of the apricot/date mix to keep it together more. You could add chocolate chips or dried ginger for a zing.
- 1 1/2 cups extra-thick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dried California Blenheim apricots, coarsely chopped (5 ounces)
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (8 ounces)
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Spread the oats and walnuts on 2 separate baking sheets; toast until golden, about 8 minutes for the walnuts and 15 minutes for the oats. Let cool, then finely chop the nuts.
- In a food processor, puree the apricots and dates to a paste. Scrape into a medium bowl and stir in the oats, walnuts, coconut, flax seeds and salt. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into 12 bars and serve.
The bars can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 1 month.