Any Cupcake recipe will do. Filling was from the cream puff recipe! Pipe the filling into the top of the cupcake and then add frosting.
- 2 cups milk (480ml)
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (80g)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30g)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30g)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (75g)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened (75g)
- In a thick bottom sauce pan warm 2 cups of milk over low heat.
- In a bowl cream egg yolks and granulated sugar. Sift in all-purpose flour and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Finally stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Pour only ¼ of warm milk into (2) and whisk to combine. Then pour the cream in the pan of the warm milk.
- Over medium heat bring it to a boil whisking constantly. When it starts to boil, whisk continually until the cream thickens.
- Out of heat stir in ⅓ cup of unsalted butter. Mix until combined. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile cream ⅓ cup of softened butter. When the cream is cooled to room temperature, add in the butter. Whisk until smooth.